Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 6 by Alexa



THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013

My favorite place essay


Although I have many places I enjoy going to, the O’Neill swimming pool is my favorite.  Every year during the summer I go to the pool to hang out with friends and have fun in the cool water.
The swimming pool is considered my second home, and it is where you would find me on a hot summer day. Walking in the door to the building, you can instantly feel the happiness of people. Then going through the locker room you get even closer. Finally, you’re there.
The first thing I see is the big blue cement box with somewhat round edges and how it is filled to the top with glistening water and smiling people. The sun is shining bright and is making me want to get in even more, so I lay down my dark blue towel and jump in.
I feel the hot and rough cement against my feet as I jump, and in the blink of an eye I am in the water; wet and cooled off.  A grin goes over my face and I know this is the place that I enjoy the most.

March 6, 2013

Spring Break is Here! Today is March 6, 2013. I don't know if you guys are excited, but I know that I am. Even though we got out early today, it was still a busy day. This morning in geography we played a game of current events and got back our test scores. In English we watched some of the videos that groups have been working on, and in Reading we read our stories that we chose to read for the next three weeks. Finally we went to sixth period and got out early, so we get the next five days off. I hope you all have a great spring break.


Reading Class

No comments:

Post a Comment