Friday, February 15, 2013

Thursday, February 14, by Allison B.



            On the day of February 14, it’s not only Valentines Day, but it’s also my birthday!  As I walked around the school this morning, I was overpowered by the scent of flowers.  I could see that FCCLA was selling carnations.  Even though I didn’t get a flower from a special someone, my friend managed to give me a flower, putting a smile on my face.
            In our science class we are working on making a rap about Pangaea and plate tectonics.  Our group managed to get almost half of ours done during the class period.  In Civics we finished up our recreation of the Constitutional Convention.  Although the person I was representing didn’t sign the constitution, I got the honors of making the first speech about the Virginia Plan the week before.  In reading we read a story and answered some questions about it as a practice for our Unit test tomorrow.
            English class was fun today.  We each found a picture with scenery and wrote some details about it.  Another students asked some questions about the picture to make us describe it the best we could.  After we started describing the picture, we wrote a few descriptive paragraphs about it to help us with our poems we have to write.  
This was the picture I decided to use for English.  
Photo Credit: Katie Morrow

     At the end of the day as I was walking from the activities building back towards the gym after P.E., I was given flowers.  I opened the card and found that my dad sent me flowers.  Just like my friend did, my dad put a smile on my face.  Overall, I don’t think today was just an average day, but maybe it’s because today was Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment