Monday, December 17, 2012

Friday, Dec. 14 by Lauren

Hey readers!
Friday was a day FULL of things to do! I started out by hanging out in Mrs. Kelly’s room, like I do every morning, and then I went to first period algebra. Considering the fact that I hate math, it’s always fun to take a test at eight in the morning (NOT!) I went to science next, where we worked on an experiment for most of the class period.  In geography, we went through a normal day’s routine of geography questions, geography terms, and did the “For What It’s Worth”. We also drew for the Dr. Pepper, and I won!
 NOT MY PHOTO. 
Then, it was time for reading class. We read The Book Thief for most of the class period. It was then time for band!  We played through our pep band music, including songs like “Let it Rock”, “We Will Rock You”, and “Illinois Loyalty”, or better known as the OHS school song. In choir, we sight-read through some music.
 After lunch, I went to English class. We wrote a LOT of poetry. We wrote a name poem, which is supposed to be what you stand for, and a first and last lines poem, where we chose what our first line was from a list and what our last line would be from another.  Here’s my first and last lines poem:



After burning my brain out trying to write, I went to Ag. All we did is read out of the book. I then went to P.E, where I lifted weights. I’m still really sore! We had a basketball game, too. We lost, but we played well enough to finish the season on a high note.
 ***
I also want to address something that happened today in a place very far away from small-town, Nebraska. In Newtown, Conneticut, there was a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. Twenty-six people were shot and killed, and the majority of the victims were six and seven year olds. I wrote a poem dedicated to them, too.
 Above Photo: My EDITS, not my PHOTOS. I TAKE CREDIT FOR EDITS, NOT PHOTOS.
Thanks for reading (If  you got this far, it must’ve been okay)
Crazy Girl (Lauren)

No comments:

Post a Comment