Monday, December 3, 2012

Friday, Nov. 30 by Robyn



Hey, everybody! I’m in a really good mood today, probably because it’s Friday.   I woke up today and got ready like usual.  When I got to school I went to Mrs. Kelly’s room to hang out.  When the five-minute bell rang, I hurried to my civics class.  We were doing the first round of the Geography Bee today; I didn’t make it to the next round, but that’s okay because I’ve went before, and I’m not a big fan. 
            In Algebra, we were supposed to do an L to J, but the smart board wouldn’t connect right.  Instead, we got a new seating arrangement and watched our teacher arm-wrestle.  In Science, we are learning about speed, velocity, acceleration, and vector quantities.  I always think of the movie Despicable Me when Vector says, “Vector! That's me, because I commit crimes with both direction and magnitude. Oh yeah!” I love that movie! 



Next, I had Reading.  We went over the story The Monkey’s Paw and then we had time to read out of our book The Book Thief . After that, I went to band where we practiced for our concert, which is next Sunday.  My friend, Makenzie and I both play saxophone.  I was touching hers and she said, “DON’T PRESS MY BUTTONS!” Afterwards I went to study hall where I listened to music like I always do. 
After lunch, we went to English.  We diagramed our sentence for Daily Grammar Practice, and then started working on our poetry.  We read the poem, The Fish by Elizabeth Bishop.  When we were reading, we had to look for different examples of imagery.  We then had to write a poem about our favorite place on Earth. 
In technology, we made collages in Photoshop and then watched a video of people blowing up a watermelon using rubber bands.  It was pretty cool. 

My  collage.

 
I went to basketball practice, and then went home before going to visit my grandparents.  That’s about it.  What did you do on your fabulous High-Five Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment