Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thursday, Oct. 18 by Makenzie

Daily Blog!!! Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wednesday night, my brain rattled with excitement. My bed comfortable enough to lay in, but not to sleep, or maybe it was just me. I didn't know how I was going to get to bed, and I still don't know when I got to bed, but it's a good thing I did. 4:15 A.M. (n) crazy hour in the morning only totally insane people would actually be awake at. Shower at 4:20, not alive yet. Hair style at 4:35, eyes barely open. Car ride 5:30, wired and was like that all the way down to Lincoln. We started at this really cool building that has a cafeteria upstairs and a store downstairs. Then went to eat pizza with our reading forum groups at the Whit Alumni building. My group is really nice and I liked that I could put faces with the names. The only thing was, I had to read in front of everyone, I was so nervous. I mean I don't even like reading in class out loud. I lived through it fortunately. I was pared up with Shea (who thought that through?) (:  for the scavenger hunt, we took pictures and wrote paragraphs on inanimate objects we found in buildings and the streets of Lincoln, Nebraska. We stopped at this one place in the HayMarket that sold the BEST ice cream ever! Another place gave out free Australian licorice and I got to try a piece of Bryce's green apple licorice. We went to a book store and I think I was being to loud because Mrs. Troester told me to go to the antique shop about 2 buildings away. I went inside and immediately thought I was going to break something, but they had a dog in there, I mean if the dog didn't break anything neither would I, right? I walked around until I found a apple decoration that matched my plates so, I was going to get it for my mom.  It was not just a decoration. It was like a miniature cookie jar, so when I grabbed it the lid fell to the ground hitting the bottom of the cabinet. I panicked falling right to the ground behind it. Picked it up, examined it. It was okay. I then put it back, left the store, and sat outside until everyone wanted to go back to the coffee shop/ book store/ ice cream parlor. After our scavenger hunt and our writings we got back on the bus and headed home. Before we reached home we stopped at Runza and ate, yummy! When we got home it was FREEZING, I got into my car which of course was the last one there, went home, sat on the couch and remembered, "Hey, the daily blog's due tomorrow." That's when I made this.





No comments:

Post a Comment