Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 by Robyn I.


           So, it’s our day off, everyone sleeps in, right? WRONG! I got up today at 6:30 a.m. so that I could go to District Leadership Conference for FCCLA. It was a lot of fun.  My favorite part was the Keynote Speaker, Chris Bowers.  He started by making us stand up and sing the song “Singin’ in the Rain” to show that if  we want to, we can have fun with everything.  He then talked about fun things to do in Walmart, such as playing tag or buying all the things you would need if you were a serial killer.  He told us that anything can be fun, which is true.  There was a lot of funny stories of him and his friends, and it was a really fun time.  After the speaker half of the schools went to lunch while the other half stayed and participated in a quiz bowl.  Luckily, we were in the first group, I was HUNGRY!  When it was our time for the quiz bowl, we did a great job! (Thanks Morgan!) 
We had ‘breakout sessions’ where everyone could pick from different sessions to visit. Some of these sessions included relationship violence, organ donors, zumba, snacks, and many more.  I went to the relationship violence and zumba. I learned a lot and got some exercise. 
Another thing that happened today were parent teacher conferences.  I’m guessing since my mom didn’t yell at me, that no one had anything bad to say.  Our Ag teacher told me I was perfect (surprising, I know.)
            So, even though I would have liked to sleep in and enjoy a lazy day at home, I had a lot of fun and will surely go again next year! J

No comments:

Post a Comment