Monday, October 29, 2012

Tuesday, October 23 - Lauren

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012

Hey blog readers!!!!

     Guess it was an all normal day at school today. In English class, we talked over our new writing assignment; a writing contest called Patriot's Pen. We have to write what we would say to the founding fathers if we could meet them (My essay will be posted sometime later). We started prewriting today. Okay, really, English class only makes up an eighth of my day, I do go to other classes.
      First thing every day for me, hanging out in Mrs. Kelly's room! I'm not in her class anymore, but she lets me hang out in her room every morning anyway. I'm her favorite student! :P  Let's see, I started classes in Algebra 1. Math at eight in the morning; best way to start your day, right? NOT!! Next came Science, we reviewed for our test that we take on some website called Socrative. Weird name, I've got no idea who came up with that one. Next came geography. The topic of study in that class is Mexico, and we're doing a Mexican state project where we collect information on a state assigned to us. I got Guerrero, that's REALLY fun to say.
     The craziest thing happened next in reading class, we READ! The whole aspect confused me. :) We read a story called Flowers for Algernon.  It's really kind of confusing if I explain it, (I can't explain things very well) but basically, a guy named Charlie, who isn't very smart, gets an operation to get smarter. Next came band and choir. We're practicing Christmas music already, some of it sounds really pretty. I'm always hungry when we get to this period; lunch is right after.
     After lunch and English class, I walk all the way outside; down the hallway, out the door, past the shop, all the while getting confused on which door to take, because they all look the same, ending up in Ag with Ms. Knabe. We worked most of the period, on a quiz over the chapter we ahd previously read. Oh yeah, the best part of my day, Ms. Knabe gave us SKITTLES!!!! YES!
     On to basketball practice, running, conditioning, and scrimmaging. That's how a typical Tuesday at OHS goes.

Well, this rambling is over, I guess that's all.
Lauren (Crazy Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment